Macna

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Zack

Enjoy the reef!
Hey
Just wondering if anyone is planning or really thinking about going to the confrence there?

Zack

Alice

I'm considering it.......

MACNA is a blast, but don't plan on getting much sleep ;)

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Macna is really expencive this year. if your short on funds Imac is a better choice. Eric this way you could rub shoulders with ron buddy lol

I here ya Dave, Macna is a tough one this year, alot of folks are talking about boycotting it, because of the price.

Mike

Alice

Heh, this year is still less expensive than the one I attended in Ft Lauderdale a few years back.

MtnDewMan

I am looking at it for more than just a conference. If the turnout is low, then my tourist in me will come out and I will still enjoy the time away from the office :)

Should be a fun time.

Witfull

the thing that kills me is the hotel and parking total package im looking at almost $600 + gas, and i havent bought a clam or frag yet!

Alice

Room rates in a big city will kill you, that's for sure.

For me, flying in from out of town, staying at the Hyatt makes sense. I don't want to rent a car so any savings I could find on an off-site hotel would be eaten up by cab fare. This way I can also stumble to my room if need be and sleep until the last possible second before that first AM session :D

If you don't mind staying off-site, do a search on the "cheap hotel rates" websites using the Hyatt's address, 101 Harborside Drive Boston 02128, as a starting point. I poked around a bit; the best rates, in this order were on HotWire (though this is the most restrictive in choice), Orbitz and Travelocity.

For people flying in, Travelocity has some great low fares.

HTH,

Alice

NaH2O

LOL...or a shirt that says:

DSBs.....Just say No! (all in fun.....all in fun)

I'm all signed up for MACNA and looking forward to the speakers. It will also be the first time I'm away from my daughter......FREEDOM! LOL, I'm sure I'll be more upset than she.

MtnDewMan

I thought I would revive this post to see what the pulse is on the event in Boston this year.

I have plane tickets and hopefully a hotel reservation all set :)

Anyone else?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.