Quantcast

Majano?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

snobanker

I did a search and as near as I can tell this is a Majano anenome as opposed to aiptasia. Can anyone confirm? Are these bad because thet sting corals like aiptasia or just because they reproduce so many? I read all kinds of ways to kill them ie; Joes Juice, boiling water, kalk paste ect...what's really the best? I have a couple in my tank, this was the best pic I could get :D

Last edited:

Schottman

I think that is a type of a Majano anenome, and i believe your orrect in both cases....they can sting corals and they are extremely prolific! Joes Juice seems to get rave reviews!

FWIW

Dave

Craig Manoukian

McKosker's Wrasse
I've had tremendous success with a 50/50 mix of Muritic Acid and hot water. I have an aiptasia free tank and no ill effects recorded. :D

snobanker

Thanks all. I only "saw" 4 of them. Last night I caught one crawling over the top of one of my new zoo's (zoo's courtesy of Mike) so I quickly took hold of it with a pair of tongs. I just held on to it and pulled with just a little tension..it finally gave up and let go. It appeared to come completely off. I was amazed at how small it shrank up though. it started out as about dime size around and tall, after I got it off it was about 1/8th inch around. I see now why they are so hard to get. Anyway I'll try the other methods with the rest since I doubt I'll be that lucky again. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts