Quantcast

Maroon Clown Pair

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

MtnDewMan

My maroon clowns, housed in my refugium, needed their pictures taken tonight :) So I got the camera out. I tried cleaning the acrylic well, but maybe I neglect that acrylic because it is just a refugium, therefore these are not as clear as my normal pictures, so I apologize for that ... What do you think of my clown pair? They are about 2 years old, or close to it anyway.

The pair ...

The female ...

And the male ....

Alice

I like them, Chuck. So are they in the refugium because the female was a neurotic housekeeper? LOL

It's great that your female kept her color; my big Maroon female turned black with white stripes when she reached sexual maturity. With the black background on my tank all you could see were white stripes zipping back and forth! ;)

MtnDewMan

Thanks Alice

No, they are in the refugium because my 13 year old pair of Oscellarus clowns are in the main display. I have always wanted maroons, but they will not get along with the Oscellarus in the same tank, so they get the refugium .... Seniority prevails in my tank :)

MtnDewMan

A couple of more shots I took tonight ... I definately have neglected my refugium acrylic over the past year as you can see ... haha ...

Elmo18

Clownfish
Love em chuck. I have a pair also, i think you know by now ehehe.

I'm curious why the female doesn't have full bands yet. Do you know how old each of these fish are. You mention 2 years, but that's since you've "had" them right?

Just curious :) I hope mine spawns soon. They do some weird stuff sometimes.

- Elmo

MtnDewMan

Not sure why she doesn't have a stripe all the way, but then again, she may never get a stripe all the way. Stripes can be funny on clownfish, ya know?

Yes, I got them as two juveniles. They were great when I first brought them home. Then a few weeks later, the dominant one constantly attacked the other. This is the period where the other one will either die because of the abuse or they will pair up. It took 3 months or more for them to actually stop the abuse. But it ended happily and they are a pair. I have heard that on many occasion, the male will die before they pair up because of all of the abuse the female gives it. These of course are the most aggressive of the clowns.

K

Kramer

First post ever. N00b

I can't wait till mine get that big. My first fish were a pair of clowns, Ocellaris though. Only had them 4 weeks now, but I can't wait to get my digital camera this X-mas and start posting at this great site.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.