Quantcast

Maybe im retarted

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

wrassehole

wannabe reefmaster
or maybe i just cant figure out what you mean by CLOSED LOOP. do you need bulk heads for this. i do not have bulkheads, just one overflow. ive looked at Nikki's little diagram and i still cant figure out how this works. if anyone has time to waste, hook me up on the info please. is it a way to get more flow through the tank, or to quite the system, beause id like to do both.

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
A closed loop is just that Wrasse. Its a way of getting more flow into your tank. You can only pump water so fast through your sump before you begin to have problems with micro bubbles. A closed loop simple draws water via bulkheads from the tank(or over the top) and blows it back in via a number of different ways. The reason it is called closed is that it is not exposed to air or any open container.\\

hope it helps

Mike

wrassehole

wannabe reefmaster
definately better than before i asked the question, thanks mojo, so its like puttin a powerhead in my overflow attached to a hose then back to the tank? sorry im slow

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.