Quantcast

MH bulbs

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

DonW

R.I.P.
I found what I though was a good deal at LFS. $45 Ushio 10k 250w When you look at the bulbs they have black on them by the base. Are they trying to sell used bulbs??

Don

ReefShack

sps junkie
I just bought two new Ushio 10kK bulbs from Marine Depot and they have an area near the base that is black/siver in color as well. Maybe someone else has some info?

big t

tankless
I just bought some xm 10k's and they also have a black area around the base. This is the first time I have ever looked at a new halide bulb in person, so I am sure that they should be new bulbs. At $45 that is a steal! My lfs sells them for $129, and they are usually $89 online

Tom

Gordo

The last set of Ushios I bought had a black shade to the base.

$45 throws up a red flag to me. You can't get Ushio 10K 250W bulb that cheap online. I would ask why they are so cheap.

big t

tankless
how you like yours 10k xm?
Well, I havn't run them yet. I am still waiting to get my ballast and fixtures lol. Hopefully I will have them running in a week or 2, and will let you know

Tom

G~

Super Gobie
i am pretty sure all manufacturers test fire their bulbs before shipping them out. you will also see some burn marks inside the center bulb. this is all normal. it is really hard to tell sometimes how old the bulb really is. :(

G~

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts