Quantcast

Monster House and a 250 gallon tank

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

mattseattle

I recently started watching this new show called Monster House and I think it's on the Discovery channel.

The theme of the show is that these group of builders come into someones house and redo an area.....structure, painting, etc, etc. They have only 5 days to do it in.

Tonight's episode was UNDER THE SEA.

It was an awesome room at the end but the point of this post is this 250 gallon tank this family received. It was amazing! They had the stand built in about an hour. The tank was installed and fill within 2 hours and had fish and corals in it by the 3rd hour. They used Catalina water and had an awesome sump/filtration system. I'm sure the corals were synthetic although they looked real because I can't imagine they would put corals in a tank that is only 2 hours old but who knows. It was just pretty damn cool to watch in under 3 hours an entire 250 gallon tank installed and have fish in it.

Thought I'd just rave about it for a second :)

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
I saw that, but I think the show actually came out about a month or so ago, but awesome to watch. :shock:

I especially like the way the brought the water in...a small tanker truck showed up and ran a fireman style hose up the driveway and into the house.

I'd like to get that kind of fill up service when I get a larger tank setup. Hmmmmm, wonder what something like that costs.

Eliyah

cdeakle

The owner of the the underwater monster house actually posted for awhile after the show aired on my other favorite site, reefs.org.

Of course it took alot of pics to verify she was the real deal LOL

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.