Quantcast

Motorized Ball Valve?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

NaH2O

Ed, a motorized ball valve (I know...here I go...and I'm really bad with equipment ;) ) will switch the flow from a pump...closed loop pump in most if not all cases. Set is with a timer, and it will switch back and forth between the 2 outputs at the rate you have determined. Here is where I bought mine: it is the Hayward 1-1/2 3-way Hayward Actuated Ball Valve

LOL....I'm sure I've confused you more :D

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
Thanks Nikki!

QQ... What helped you decide to go with the Hayward Ball Valve versus the newer Ocean Motions product?? I am going back and forth between the two since the price is virtually the same...

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
No, Nikki I love it! Thanks, I was wondering who sold these? I have a Custom Aquatics catalog. Thank You Nikki. You did not confuse me. You told me everything I wanted to know, Thank you. I can hardley wait to hear about your tank when it is done. It sounds really nice. Theres a lot of love put in that tank!

wanareef

reefer addict
This is what I will be doing. This hobby is expensive enough and I have been diy most of the equipment for our present tank. I found this article while "surfing" articles And I saw this . And this is what I have started. http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29657. Just need to finish it. Have my 1 rpm motor and the drive dog, just align the drive shaft with the motor and not problems.

NaH2O

jlehigh - what helped me make my decision was I originally thought that the Oceans Motions device was only 1 inch outputs, and I didn't want to cut down on my pumps power. I believe now Oceans Motion actually makes the device according to your specifications? I'll have to read the thread on this site again. A lot of thought went into this decision and I think for my tank the ball valve will be great. I do like the Oceans Motions device too....maybe on my next tank.

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
Thanks Nikki... Yes they do have larger outputs available... I'm tired of thinking about it.. I wish this could be an exception to all of the other decisions in this Hobby where you can do things 50 different ways from Sunday. Nothing can be easy. OR CHEAP! (Except my DIY Moon lights) ;)

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
jlehigh said:
Thanks Nikki... Yes they do have larger outputs available... I'm tired of thinking about it.. I wish this could be an exception to all of the other decisions in this Hobby where you can do things 50 different ways from Sunday. Nothing can be easy. OR CHEAP! (Except my DIY Moon lights) ;)
Hey jlehigh,
Just a reminder. If you go with the motorized ball valve you will need a random repeat timer to actuate the valve back and fourth. This one will add another 90 bucks+ shipping.
Giving props to Mojo again for the tech advice.:D

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/11587
I went with the motorized ball valve basically for the fact that it seems to be a tested method. Ocean Motions looks very cool though. ............Scott

NaH2O

Oops, thanks Scott. I did forget about the repeat timer. Thanks for clarifying that for me :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts