Quantcast

My 224g tank

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Illusion

Thanks Matt... There are many tanks better than mine IMO... I love clams as well... I have a total of 10 clams with 2 of them being approx 12" derasas and an Extremely fast growing Gigas... The gigas is putting on about 1.5" per month... I have been cleaning up the tank quite a bit trying to make some room on the SAndbed but it just never seems to work out... I am planning on throwing an Aquascaping party at my place sometime in hopes of getting a Better Aquascape... Although I just finally got the closed loop installed after 2 months of Debating it..

Thanks again for the compliments,
James

NaH2O

Woah! James, how do you ever leave the house? I would be late everywhere because I wouldn't be able to break away from the tank. Looks fantastic! Could you list out the equipment and inhabitants?

kevinpo

Expert
Very nice! I see you have it filled very high :) Is that because your overflow gets dirty or just too much flow for it? I think clams are great too!

Regards,
Kevin

Illusion

Very nice! I see you have it filled very high Is that because your overflow gets dirty
Yeah the Overflow is dirty right now... I planned on cleaning it today... I am pushing an AM3600 for the return and a pcx40 that runs the Chiller so the overflow is pretty maxed out...

Woah! James, how do you ever leave the house? I would be late everywhere because I wouldn't be able to break away from the tank
I am lucky here kinda as I am staying home and taking care of the kids for now... Once my Wife completes her schooling its back to school I go... But for now I get to raise my 2yr old and 5yr old..

Could you list out the equipment and inhabitants?
Inhabitants..

13 blue/green Chromis
1m 3f Lyretail Anthias
Scooter blenny
Regal tang
orange shoulder tang
Yellow tang
powder brown tang
2 maroon clowns 2 china rbtas 2 true rbtas
yellow watchman
Solon Fairy wrasse
3 cleaners shrimp
Blue Haddoni Carpet Anemone

as for equipment

AquaC ev180
Korallin 1502 Ca reactor with DIY second chamber
Am 3600 Return pump
am 3600 closed loop
pcx40 for that Feeds the chiller
1/2hp Pacific Coast Imports Chiller
3x400w Xm 10k bulbs on Standard ballasts
4x160w Vho Actinics

The tank was a hand me down from a fellow reefer that originally came from Envision Acrylics about 5yrs ago... It was pretty badly scratched and I put about 10hrs into removing all the scratches... I removed all the scratches by hand while the tank was filled as I am in a fairly small Apt so having an Extra tank that size laying around while I buff it out is not really an option... My Apts let me brace up the Floor in the area with 6x 12x8x12 Concrete Dek Blocks and 4x4 beams that run Directly into the blocks... Only problem that I am finding is I am having to run 20a Extention cords from close by outlets as there isnt Enough Juice in the area...

Tank Params

Temp 77.8-78.7
pH 7.9-8.3
Ammonia, Nitrites, nitrates, po4 0
CA 480ish
Dkh 8-10 usually 9
Mg 1480-1500
Sr 8

Too many SPS and LPS to list but here is some

A. Rosaria
A Gomezi
A. Cardus
Blue M. Digi
yellow tort, 2 oregon torts, Ora tort
Echinopora mammiformis
Red w/ yellow tips Mille
Blue Mille
Yellow Mille
Yellow w/ green polyps mille
A. Soli
A. Samoensis
Green Stag
Purple Stag
a several Misc Bali AQ corals...

Clams

2x 12" Derasa
1x 5-6" Gigas
1x 4-5" Squamosa
3x 6" Crocea
1x 2" Blue Maxima
1x 4" Brownish Maxima
1x 4-5" Tiger Derasa

Thanks agian,
James

Last edited:

Elmo18

Clownfish
Hot dayaam :) Nice tank James. I really need to get down for one of those PNWMAS meeting....and scrounge for frags....errr i mean talk with you guys.

- Elmo

Illusion

here are a few more from today... I just need to figure out this Camera... LOL... I can get great macros but tank shots seem harder.

Thanks again,
James

PS Elmo when you come down just let me know.. Its not that far of a drive.. LOL

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts