Quantcast

My Chiton (Cryptoplax larvaeformis)

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

oldsaint

Sashimi
Not sure where I should of posted this. Just looking for some info.
This is a hitchhiker on some Tonga rock in my 260. I'm pretty sure it's a Cryptoplax larvaeformis.

http://www.fjas.nl/cryptoplarvaeformis.htm

I'm looking for research material on this creature. I'd like to know more about it's behavior and care. The best I can tell its about the size of my thumb and about 6"-7" long. Different than any other Chiton I've seen in books. I've done the reg searches but didn't really come up with anything specific to this type. If anyone comes across something pls let me know.
Here's some pics. Its the brown thing with diamond like plates on its back. One pic is the back side of the rock so you can see some of its body.

Craig Manoukian

McKosker's Wrasse
Wow, very interesting. My rock is Caribbean so mine are the common chitons that in 2 1/2 years have not gotten more than an inch in length.

oldsaint

Sashimi
I'm starting to wonder if I got the right name for it. The pic I found online doesn't exactly match and it says it grows to 60mm or a little over 2". This thing is well over 2".
Thanks for the input. :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts