Quantcast

My tank at about 9 months!

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

C

CoralGirlShi

Here are some pictures we took tonight. Everything is growing great.

My anemone is doing good also.

Thanks Coral Beauty for the pretty anemone. Clarkina, my clarki clown really loves it.

The frags Mike gave me are all growing really well too. The urchin is doing well too, but he is eating the pink coralline algae on the back tank wall. Not sure if I like that or not. Urchins do eat that, right?

My mom and I went to Elmo's house to pick up some corals and he said I should get a very small Clarkii to go with it. I'm afraid she (I think it is a she because it is so large) will kill it. He thinks it will be ok. Clarkina is quite mean and almost killed my pretty Coral Beauty and we moved it out and it's fine now in my mom's tank.

Thanks and let me know what you think about putting a very small clarkii in with mean clarkina!

:cool:

Shilo

NaH2O

Shilo - the tank is looking great! You have it right about the urchins. Have you noticed the coralline looks like a lawn mower cut through it? I think giving Clarkina a mate would be fine. They may disagree at first, but she might like having a boy around....that is if you want to add another fish?

Can you list out your livestock (corals and fish)?

You are doing an incredible job with your tank!!

C

CoralGirlShi

Hi!

Thanks Nikki,

Hmmmm.... I hope I know all the names!

I have:

Corals:
a bright green torch from Mike

three different polyp rocks from Mike

peach colored finger leather from Mike

zoo rock from Mike

frog spawn from Paul

tons of kenya trees from my very first coral from Coral Beauty

blue mushrooms from a piece of rock from someone else

red mushroom that came with some other polyps from a light i traded someone else

my latest, my rose anemone, named Nennie for my birthday from my Mom at Coral beauty

Livestock:

Urchin from Mike

Clarkina from another club member

Jack the blenny - from another member

Pink spotted Gobie from my mom because she took out her crushed coral and i have some in front of my rocks

A large coral banded shrimp from another member

So I only have three fish in my tank now, so I think I should be able to have a small Clarki for clarkina. I'm trying to pick a name for the new Clarkii.

Are your favorite fish named? I'm trying to decide a name for my new clarkii when i get it.

Bye, Shilo

:oops:

C

CoralGirlShi

Oh and I also have a nice sized short tentacle plate coral. I'm not sure I've ever seen it eat. I was wondering about that. It is greenish/pinkish on the plate part and has tiny waiving arms sometimes.

C

CoralGirlShi

Hi Nikki, We found a small Clarkii yesterday. This morning he is just hanging around the bottom of the tank and Clarkina keeps chasing him. He was nipping his fins last night. I hope they become friends.

Shilo

NaH2O

Awesome on the fish, Shilo! Hopefully, soon, they will get to know each other and the female will accept him. Keep us updated!!

On your question about the plate coral....some people feed them, some do not. When you feed the tank they will pick up bits plus feed on fish waste. If you want to, you can give it a try.

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
right on Shilo the tank is looking great. Yea Urchins eat the corraline, but dont worry, the corraline spores out so you end up with more anyway.

congrates

mike

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts