Quantcast

My trip to Mike's house

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

C

CoralGirlShi

Hi you guys,

On Saturday I went to Mike's house because he invited me to come see his tank and he had saved some frags for me. First we went to Paul's house and his tanks look very good now. They are full of bright colors. My mom grosses out when she sees the yellow eel. I think it's funny. After that, we went to Mike's.

He gave me a beautiful torch coral with bright green tips. It looked small, but when it opened up it looks very large and bright. He also gave me orange zoo's, green star polyps, a green sea urchin, green button polyps and as an extra bonus I got a whole bunch of hitchhiker baby star fish. I think that they look cute.

He also gave me a small frag of finger leather but it doesn't look very well as it just hangs there. How do I know if it dead?

Thank you very much Mike, I'm going to take the best care I can and check my water and do the tests to make sure they stay healthy. I think I have too many fish so I'm going to give one away so the coral stay more healthy.

Then when they grow, I want to share with everybody else since Mike shared with me.

Since I have my own PSAS card, I'm going to the next meeting with my Mom and Scott.

See you all there,

CoralGirlShi

Here is the picture of the torch. Isn't it pretty!

Maxx

Staff Housemonkey
That looks Great CoralGirlshi!!!
I'm jealous you got to see Mikes tank in person, much less get frags from it! Please keep us posted on how they do.
Nick

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
It was great having you over and you are more then welcome to come by anytime you want. just let the leather be for awhile it should be fine.

Mike

NaH2O

Shilo, your tank is beautiful!!! Keep up the great work! I'm excited to watch your new corals grow :D

Gordo

Tank is looking good. Make sure you don't put that torch coral to close to other corals. It will sting some corals.

~Gordo~

C

CoralGirlShi

Hey Gordo, Does the torch coral sting kenya trees because it is close to it and it's tentacles are always waving around. I'm afraid that it might touch the Kenya tree.

Is it ok if xenia and kenya trees are close together? They are very close now because they have grown so much.

I just dont want them to get stung. I bet it feels like 20 bee stings probably.

Elmo18

Clownfish
Alice said:
I love torches :)

Your tank looks great; have fun!

Alice
Ooh yes, I also like torches, too :) I have one exactly like yours Shilo. Started from a teeny itty bitty hitchhiker frag. Like other corals in the same Euphyllia family, they will send out tentacles so watch out for nearby corals.

Your tank is looking great!

- Ilham

C

CoralGirlShi

Looking better!

Mike is right, my finger leather is now doing much better. It is now looking nice and pinkish colored and looks much bigger.

I am happy now that it is looking better!

Thanks Mike I just love all my stuff!

:D

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.