Quantcast

need a sump sponge

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

plack

Sea Otter
Can anyone point me to a link for a sump sponge i have a wet dry cpr sump and i am using sponges to reduce micro bubbles and plan on rinsing daily but the 3m brand i bought fell apart in a week also i could not find one online that was 7.5"x4"X2" or anything even close in size please suggest something as i took out the decomposing kind and have 1 reef safe sponge in but its too small :)

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Hello Plack,
How would you feel about using a Micron Sock for this? Another method, Rico is using floss he bought from Fabric store and rotates it quite often. He buys it in bulk and says it usually last for years. He also used a rubber colapsible hose like a baffle to reduce bubbles. The colapseable hose is like a rubber glove material, about 3 inchs in diameter. He connected this to his hose with a hose clamp, then its dumps onto filter floss. I hope this helps,
Ed

wrightme43

I use the filter sponge from the Hagen Aquaclear 500 now called the 110, it is a white foam. Works great and is only 4.59 for a 3.5"x3.5" by I think 10" piece. Rinses easy and does not come apart and is made for fishtanks. HTH Steve

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts