Quantcast

New Acro Id

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Illusion

I purchased this ORA frag from Etropicals.com and It came in and looks alot different than what it did in the picture

The frag was supposed to be a Staghorn Acropora Coral, Scripp's Green Tip but looks alot like an A. Mille to me..

What do you all think..

TIA,
James

kevinpo

Expert
Welcome to Reef Frontiers James! :)

It's quite hard to tell from the photo. Normally A. millepora has quite long polyps that are extended night and day. It's growth form can be considered staghorn (since staghorn is a growth form and not a species of coral).

Regards,
Kevin

Illusion

Thanks Kevin

Thats interesting I never knew that.. I ended up getting 5 new corals from them today and every thing was great.. got the following. All ORA
Blue A. Tort
Green Birdsnest
Green Digitata not green I think they sent me the wrong one
Assorted Marshal Island Acro
and the Stag..

The picture of the one Above was taken about an hour after it was placed into the tank... Its getting a bit more polyp extention but not much..

Also here is a link to all the new frags i got today http://cj10488.aquariaphile.com/gallery/ReefTank?page=4

As well as a link to the entire gallery http://cj10488.aquariaphile.com/gallery/ReefTank

James

Illusion

Thanks Alot.. I am starting to run out of room in my 55g but my wife wont let me order the 240g until after we move... I got the Crocea a while back up in Seattle from a friend.. They seem to still be doing awesome.. 1 Died out of 5 which i believe was due to the stress from being moved from one tank to another then 5hrs back down to my place and into the final tank.. LOL... My plans are when i move to hook the 55g to the 240g and have a reef in the 240g and in the 55g move my wifes baby 1" Picasso trigger into it that is now in my bedroom 29g with a damsel LOL and having a 55g agressive and a 240g reef side by side... Just waiting to move. LOL.. The tank has been up for about 8 months now without any issues except when my gfci blew and caused my temp to drop to 68.8 while i was gone.. and When i tried to use a rubbermaid sump things started dying real quick.. Other than that everthing has been great. The Large bubble coral was introduced into the tank at about 2-3weeks old.. and the first SPS was added at about 2 months.. only a few casualties do to common mistakes or mishaps.. Also my LR that I got was very cured and caused my tank a 3day cycle and all levels have been 0's including nitrate which has only been at 5ppm since about a week into the tank..

Thanks Again,
James

Illusion

The blue tort was $89.00 from etropicals.com It was a gift and died do to a leaking Purigen "bag" and sandblasted it and Seachem replaced the Tort as the bag had a hole in it when it left the factory that I didnt catch... Seachem agreed to replace the 3 corals that died due to the incident... But it was originally a gift from Dr Foster and Smith because of a few wild acro colonies that came in dead twice do to a broken float switch in their holding facility.. the replaced both colonies with hand selected ones as well as threw in the tort as an "I'm Sorry" gift..

James

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts