Quantcast

New Dual Output Powerhead

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

RockyHeap

Evil Genius
I found these new powerheads at a petstore over in Maui, but they're available off the web too.

Pretty slick units, as they come with either a singe output, or dual output nozzle that are 90 degrees apart. I picked up 2 of the 2500 models, which take 32 watts to run, and output ~500 gallongs an hour. They seem pretty quiet, and the corals are loving the extra dimension of water flow.

Well worth the $32 each I paid for them.

http://www.petmeister.com/item1865.htm

iamjosh

Wow Interesting.. Wonder If I could drill a hole into my Maxi Jets to get something similar. Not that I mind paying $32, just wonder if I can use what I have already..

MWSALT

I have that powerhead in my 60gal reef tank and I highly recommend it. Although I am only using the single port. The only
maintenance I have do to it, is clean it out with Q-tip every other month.

iamjosh

That's very nice looking.

Since no one wanted to tell me anything on the drilling holes arround the cap (output ring).. I went home and drilled holes all around it.. It works pretty decently.. not amazing power out of the holes, but a decent amount of extra water movement. It works pretty well. If you want to see a picture say something and I'll snap one next time I'm that way.

mattseattle

For the Maxi-Jet what I did was just cut the little tip off on the output. If you have it attached to a wavemaker everytime it comes on and goes off it will change directions. Works well!

iamjosh

I was going for a Cheap (Read Free) solution to get more water movement. I have the 125 on order, so I'm just tweaking the 55 right now before I sell it.

I have read about the wavemaker/maxijet combo It sounded cool.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts