Quantcast

new library

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

ephrim

WOW!
what a huge collection of articals. thanks for making all that information available.

MtnDewMan

Ahhh, glad you found them ... just opened up the library last night. Thanks to Mike for some hard work in putting that info together.

MtnDewMan

The idea is to have this pretty regulated, so any new items should be submitted to the board for inclusion. We would rather have this be a center for gathering information than a center for a lot of discussion, that's what the rest of the board is about. But we are very open to any article suggestions that anyone may have to go in the different areas of the library.

northstaraquatics

The Lone Reefer
I guess I was thinking of the 2 major (that I know of) online magazine forums. It has enough reference material of it's own. And perhaps the original AF online link before it died.

http://reefkeeping.com/index.htm
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/
http://www.animalnetwork.com/fish/library/librarylst2.asp

What do ya think?

Jon

MtnDewMan

We know those magazines online exist and provide a wealth of information and good reading, our library is focused on the user though, we don't want the user to have to go do the searching, we would rather find good articles on good subjects and link to them directly. So I am sure we will be searching out specific things to include instead of more broad magazines to send people to.

Maybe Mike can chime in on this a bit further?

northstaraquatics

The Lone Reefer
I know we know they are there, but does everybody else? Can we link to them? I used to log onto reef central through the club website. I know links are a pain to keep updated and can get out of control. The e-zines have a lot of great info, say in just the lighting section and the work Sanjay was doing recently. Can we add newer articles? I notice the reef keepers FAQ in the lighting section is 9 years old and there have been at least 2 revisions since then - http://www.aquariacentral.com/faqs/reef/reefkeeper1.shtml#3 There is a newer version, but the link is down pending a server move.

Jon

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Jon thanks for taking the interest to make suggestions, Its nice having a few more eyes out thier..
In regards to reefkeeping Online mag. We have every article they have wrote linked in our library right now (to from start to date)
In regards to Advanced Aquarist Same all articles from start to date.
Same goes for animal netwrk
Aquarium frontiers
Reef Central
Reef # and all articles they have ever had done

And a few others to. :) I will add them as they come out, or if any member has some I dont they can go up to.
I Believe that our Library has more reef related info and srticles than any other resource on the web.
In regards to the FAQ's I am a little torn on that one. When I was putting the Library together I wanted it to be "pure of Info" as in no I said she said, ancedotel evidence (the stuff you get on RC and Reef# when searching the archives) basically old threads. I tried to keep it factual (If I believed in it or not). I think FAQ's are a little to much on the personal indea side of things. And if a person wants that kind of info we got a ton of forums they can ask our members.

What do ya think??

Mike

northstaraquatics

The Lone Reefer
Mike,
Thanks for the hard work on this site. I was just concerned that we would have a bunch of antiquated and ignored articles and non current links. I must have missed the #'s reef links and perhaps will go through it a bit more. The FAQ I was refering to is linked in the lighting section, but was an older version. The same FAQ is rewritten every few years and has a wealth of information and not just a digest of email posts.

Thanks for listening,
Jon

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Jon I will keep the library up to date as best I can. What would be nice is that if you have any links you would like me to put in the library, just PM them to me and I will put them in. That goes for anyone who may want to do that. After all its your library.

Thanks again Jon

Mike

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.