Quantcast

New maroon clowns - little one hosting rose BTA first?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Shawnna

Joey & Xena are the best!
:?: Just received my 2 new maroon clowns that I hope will pair up. The little one starting hosting one of my rose BTA's within an hour of acclimation.

The largest of the 2 is now hiding under a rock after swimming around a bit.

Is this normal? I am hoping they eventually pair up but right now, they don't seem to care about each other.

Any insight you have is appreciate. I'll try and post some pics.

OnTheReef

Re: new maroon clowns

Well, they are beautiful! I have a striped BTA that my percula pair took about 3 months to decide if they wanted to host in it. In the intervening time, they occupied a little cave at one end of my reef. While there is no guarantee that any particular clownfish will host in any given anemone, the chances are good that given enough time in a calm environment that your clowns will become very friendly and will eventually take up residence in your anemone.

Shawnna

:) WOW! Both are now one of the rose BTAs! Although the larger seems to be taking it over now. Hopefully the little guy will find the other rose BTA and adopt it.

Also, the little guy has done his wiggle dance so I think I may have a match made in heaven!

Here's a pic of them both in the one anemone. Maybe the'll end up sharing it!

MtnDewMan

Excellent ... great looking fish and anemone ... Good luck on their progress. Looks like you got a great looking pair.

Shawnna

I know. I need help figuring out why. Every time I try to post a pic at a size I like, it's too big.

Can anyone help me?

Katchupoy

You need and image editor like photoshop.... or something....

I am using irfanview...its free and it does the trick....

www.irfanview.com

click download (leftside)

select option 1 (not the plug-ins...)

let me know if you still need help with irfanview after downloading...

mattseattle

great utility - thanks for the link.

i usually use paintbrush to resize mine. i used to use photoshop but it was overkill to just resize an image :)

thanks again!

Shawnna

I'm using a MAC OS 10.2.8 - IPhoto. I can adjust the size but when I try to get it down to a size that's acceptable, it appears small.

I'm a real rookie with my MAC and IPhoto - can anyone out there help me with this?

The "irfanview" was for Windows only.

help.....

MtnDewMan

I am sure your program has the options it needs to get it to the correct size. My suggestions are ...

Save to a max width of 640 pixels ...
Or
A max height of 500 pixels if the width is below 640 ...

That way the picture will be viewable to most people either horizontally or vertically ...

Then save in JPG format. Use a compression setting of about 75%

I think in most cases, this will resize the file enough to post .

Hope this helps.

Katchupoy

try exporting it to jpeg then it should ask you for compression quality... 100=best=big size.... so maybe set it first to 50 or 75 like mtndewman said

Shawnna

I can export it to .jpg but the only thing I can do is change the size - I don't see any option for compression? Am I missing something?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.