Quantcast

New pic

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

DonW

R.I.P.
My tank is starting to look good. I think I'm going to go bigger. Can anyone give me upgrade tips. From 43 to 70.

NaH2O

Looking good! What are you wanting in your 70? Do you plan on moving everything over, moving only a few pieces, or just starting a new tank?

big t

tankless
Hey Don

The tank is looking great dude. As far as upgrade tips, are you planning on a 70 hex or a rectangle tank? I am sure that you should make your own stand and hood, since you are the wood working man. I am starting my new stand on monday, from maple and walnut, that should be pretty sweet when I get done w/ it. I would recommend a closed loop, and a sump w/ a big skimmer. Good luck

DonW

R.I.P.
I would like to reuse everything even the water. The stand is not really a aquarium stand but is a oak hutch designed to match my fireplace. My hex just sets on top with a 20g sump/refug in the bottom. I was hoping to get a tank and a additional 250 MH. What I cant figure out is how to transfer every thing and have it all back up and running in one day. My concern is that if I just add more LR a piece at a time there will not be enough filtration. If I add a bunch more all at once the tank will cycle and kill everthing.

Don

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Looks good, but that sailfin is going to need that 70 pretty soon.

If you do start putting the new tank in action, please create a thread so we can follow the progress. Tank creation threads are IMO some of the most enjoyable to follow and often lend to questions that we forget about in our everyday theorizing.

-Erik

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts