Quantcast

Next Club meeting is May 14th in Pasco, Wa

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Our president will be hosting a meeting This Friday. This is a Potluck. Hope to see you there. If you need directions give me or Yellotang a message?

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I will be giving away highly activated Charcoal at this meeting. I have way too much of it. I want it out of my garage! I have a few unopened 55 pound bags of it. I will also have Mysis Shrimp that Rick brought back from Canada for group for sale @ $4 for 4 ounces package. This is shrimp is packaged with very little water. So let me know if you want any?

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Dear MCSAC Members,

Do not miss this month’s meeting. 14th May 2004

All the details are here

http://www.midcolumbiasaltwater.com/meetings.htm

What a great way to spend a Friday Night! Good Food, Good Drink, Good Friends, And a reef tank to look at to boot. WooHoo. J

Spouses and children are invited to this night of fun. For those that are the cooks in the family, there is also a great representative coming to attend the meeting from Pampered Chef â„¢. (We are not affiliated with them, something the women wanted to do for fun. While we talk tank)

The kids will have, Nintendo, PlayStation 2, cool music to listen to and they can also check out our awesome collection of toys and DVDs.

Meeting starts at 7pm.

This is a night you do not want to miss!

Hope to see you there,

Matthew Steel

MCSAC President

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Jeff if you use as much water as before and same rock your tank will be fine. Your tank had cycled before. Please try to do this...

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
You will be in better shape than you think if you use as much of the water that has cycled. You tank will not cycle hard. You have a big jump on everything. That 170 lbs of rock has cycled. The water you kept has cycled. You add new water to water that has cycled to finish filling your tank and You will be in better shape than you think. Just remember to try to keep temperature , salinity, as close as possible to what you had previously. You have that access to really good water. You may want to use it now. Mix up your salt to same ratio as in the tank now with power head or what ever. Add a heater to make it close or same temp as in 75 gallon tank. If you take these steps. The mixing of salt and raising your temp should be the slowest issue of rebuilding your 150 gallon tank for coral. I bet you have a 100% success rate. Try it and monitor your water quality.. I bet you are ready for coral before you think.

For those that do not know... Jeff had a 120 gallon tank leak on him Saturday. He salvaged as much water, rock, coral, and fish as possible.

iamjosh

Alright, Looking forward to coming, though I may be a bit late with leaving after work and all, See ya all later.

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
had a good time tonight Thanks!

I wanted to thank all for making for the making of a good club meeting. The food was good, the drinks were good, company was fantastic.
Thanks Matt and Sherri for sharing your home and your gorgeous Saltwater Tank. All the Mysis is sold. About 50 lbs of Highly Activated Carbon was given away. We did talk about a Reeftopia Order. We need more stuff to get that big discount.
Josh made it down from Spokane. I hope you had a good time Josh. I was happy to hear that Rick was showing you his tank. You being a computer guy and Rick being a computer guy. I am sure you both shared information. I hope you took a little bit of The Tri-Cities with ya. I did not see which corals you got to take home. Les I will get the Ocean Currents rotators to Mike Obrien. I welcome the chance for you to help me with my plumbing. It was fun hearing that people wanted to help each other out as usual. Zul it was great seeing you again. I remember you getting the soft green leather. It should grow really good for you. Terry there is a seat for you saved for Spokane trip. All of the regs that could not make it tonight due to unexpected things. You were thought of and talk about in good ways your ears should be ringing good tonight. I am not sure how many people were there tonight. I think twenty some people showed up. There was talk of next month's meeting if it was going to be at Rods or Les's house. I do not care where it is. I am looking forward to it! :) Thanks for the good time!

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Hey Mister Apprentice with no sleep. I am damn glad you made it. You made my eyes hurt watching ya but you seemed to smile through those eyes and have a really good time as always....

iamjosh

I can't thank you all enough, I had a great time and felt very welcomed. I was so thrilled to be there and I made quite the Hall on Frags Rick kept loading me up with them, they look wonderful in my tank.

Matt & Ricks tanks were amazing, I really have something to strive for now, Hopefully in the next couple of month with the 125 on order I'll be able to start the begings of a reff tank like your tanks down there.

It was a trip well worth it, got home little after 2 am, with aclimating and what not made it to bed after 3. I'll post pictures later with all my new frags.

Thanks a Million,
-josh

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I was worried about you getting home last night. There was a futon or couch with you guy's name on it at my house. Glad you made it back and glad you made a few more friends down here. People down here thought you were pretty cool also.
Thanks
Ed
ps. Josh there will be a pop quiz of names later...jokiing

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts