Quantcast

NOOOooooo!

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

deadrose

The MH pendant I bought from Paparex is acting up on me... it starts to fire and then about 30 seconds in it quits. I've only been using it a couple weeks :-(

Does anyone know what would cause that particular action? Is it the bulb? The ballast? Starter? What?? I have nothing for backup yet, even my ballast for my actininc isn't wired up yet.

(and of course, this being Vashon island, my local options are slim to none)

*mope*

However, on a good note, I have a cleanup crew in and they're doing fine.

Heidi

Paparex

noooooo

I would take it apart and check or clean the conection between bulb and conection. It was in storage for 4months but was working just fine before that.

deadrose

It finally stayed lit after a dozen or more tries. Will take it apart tonight, or early tomorrow, see if the contacts are dirty.

Thanks!

Doug1

One trick I found with MH mogul sockets. Jeff gave me a ballast and fixture and Alice gave me a bulb, when I put them together no light :(
A couple people told me, UNPLUG it ahd take something to pry up the metal contact in the bottom of the socket,, I like the little pich doohickies with plastic handles, since that is the hot contact. Actually I think I unplugged the mogul wiring from the ballast. I am not fond of electrical shock and worry about discharging the ballast capacitor, FWIW

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.