Oceanic biocub skimmer mod

josh88

So I elongated the chamber for the original skimmer, because I'm broke, and can't afford a good or alright skimmer I had to mod this guy. And I personally think that after the mod it works a lot better.

it was producing good foam about 5 minutes of starting it back up, And messing with the air a bit.

These 2 upper pics were of The next day. I think It's doing better.
One thing I did notice, when I used the oceanic wood stone I didn't get that much foam, I switched to redsea wood stone which are drastically smaller. And it seems to produce finer bubbles. I also think the next step is to get a better air pump

HTC EVO

Skimmy

SKIM FU
Last edited:

josh88

Ok and is that going to work for my oceanic skimmer. And produce finer bubbles. And does anyone know of a air pump that I can upgrade to that doesn't have two ports

HTC EVO

josh88

Jeez, I can't even tell which stones to get glass, or ceramic. I don't even know the diff. Or what really fine bubbles would be measured.

HTC EVO

Skimmy

SKIM FU
get the luft air pump from coralife... just trust me on this one.., i know its not the cheapest, but it is the best.
and it will be like you have a whole new skimmer with a fresh limewood airstone.
“The Greatest One”: A Luft Affair
Coralife (Super) Luft Air Pump

and these tropic marin limewood airstones are good too, i forgot about these..
TM-520116 Premium Aquatics - TM-520116 Aquarium Supplies

and i havent tried these limewood airstones, but they get excellent reviews as well
Can you believe someone in the US is hand making wooden airstones?
Gnome Glass - Aquarium Accessories - Functional and Artistic Hard Glass, built by a Gnome!

so there you go, everything you'll ever need to know/get for a nano hob air driven skimmer. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts