Quantcast

October Meeting and speech poll

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
OK folks we have been lucky enough to get Steve Tyree to come out and do a talk with us at our up coming October meeting. has maintained saltwater aquaria for over 20 years. Previous accomplishments include writing articles for Aquarium Frontiers, Das Aquarium, Koralle, Sea Scope and Breeders Registry and hobbyist newsletters. He has in the past posted numerous articles and essays on the Internet. Photographs have been published in _The Reef Aquarium_ Volume 1 (Delbeek and Sprung), _The Modern Coral Reef Aquarium_ Volume 1,2,3 (Nilsen and Fossa), _Aquarium Corals_ (Borneman) and Steinkorallen Im Aquarium Band 1 (Knop). Steve has also given presentations to Macna VII in Louisville (Stony Corals), Macna X in Long Beach (Sponges), Macna XIV in Dallas (Sea Squirts and Tri-Zonal Filtration) and WMC 1999 in Vancouver (Environmental Gradient Filtration).
So as you can see he is a great one for us to pick his brain. The BOD of the club is haing a hard time picking a topic for the talk so were putting all on you. I will leave this up for a week and then we will go with the most popular choice.
A little explanation
1>Successful Stony Corals Maintenance > dont need to tell ya about that one
2>The Biological Light Requirements of Stony Corals> a great talk about how corals really use light and what kinds they perfer
3>New All Natural Tri-Zonal Filtration > A new and very neat concept of using sponges and sea squirts for total reeftank filtration

H20doctor

MMMM Tasty Children
I would like to just have him talk about what is popular today about reef keeping , some of the trends, also some Q&A for people like me, Talk about what he has seen as far as tank systems go, how people are running their tanks , what works what doesn't?

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Hey Doc. His topics are kinda all put together for presentation. I know Steve and he is a coral freak so I am sure he will be sitting talking to all of us for hours about corals and reef keeping.

Mike

H20doctor

MMMM Tasty Children
why does everyone call me doc??? ok so he wan't to talk about corals , well I wan't to talk about tanks, and filters, and supliments and lighting , and ............. :shock: well I will still come and listen

aquariumdebacle

electrolyte addict
light requirements

It seems as though he will be going over light requirements to a general degree with his maintenance topic. I feel this would be most beneficial. People with only one coral tank need to find the lighting that will be the best overall for their type of habitat. Specific corals light needs can be searched out or asked at the end of the speach.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.