Old school frag swap

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

saltfishlover

Does anyone remember this? It's been about 15years since I was in the hobby, but I remember puget sound people making a list of people and what their tank has. A thermos would hold one frag and be sent to the next person on the list. Them that person would send a frag and so on. Does ring a bell with anyone,or am I just too old now?

spieszak

Administrator
I don't remember that specifically, but people just don't share like they used to. $600 a polyp corals took the place of sharing. Hobby trends.

saltfishlover

Yea it was just when the internet was taking off circa 2000. I get some wanting to make $$ if it's a frag the don't want to do. But when u gotta cut em back. ... Just share

mfinn

Surgeonfish
Does anyone remember this? It's been about 15years since I was in the hobby, but I remember puget sound people making a list of people and what their tank has. A thermos would hold one frag and be sent to the next person on the list. Them that person would send a frag and so on. Does ring a bell with anyone,or am I just too old now?
I wasn't part of the internet crowd until about 2003-04. But I do remember sending frags to people in small thermos bottles.
The first one I received were 2 PPE zoanthids.
I also got a couple in those little plastic ones that were in kids school lunch boxes.

I once sent a friend in New York a 1/2 gallon thermos jug filled with frags after his tank crashed.

spieszak

Administrator
Still lots of folks that will trade frags or help out when a tank crashes.
Just harder to find them now because there isn't a common place where everyone gets together

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts

Group builder