Quantcast

Our 770 new home...

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

T

Twize

Well, The tank is only a couple of weeks away and the construction has started on the new room for it. I still have a lot to go as far as fine tuning the specs for filtration and lighting but its finally nice to see our dream tank/room take shape. Heres some pics of the plans and room construction in progress.

I have only been on this forum for a little while but have soaked up a lot of good information, tips, tricks and ideas from many of you.

Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas...stay tuned! :)

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Oh Twize its nice to know thier are other sick folks out thier beyond me ;) :D . YOur puppy has the makings of being an awesome tank. I love that you have taken the time to think it out and design it so well. If thier is anything we can help you with let us know. And make sure your keep the progress pictures coming.

Mike

T

Twize

Mojoreef,
good to hear from you....ain't it the truth about our addiction with reefing. Were simply out of control! :) My neighbors and some family members think i'm nuts in doing this project. I've taken some of them to Steinhardt Aquarium Museum and showed them there beautiful 6000g. reef tank looks like and then, and only then, did they realize the true beauty of bringing a live reef into the home. :) ....and yet there are others who wouldn't understand.
keep you posted on the progress. the tank ships on the 24th.

Also, what lighting did you end up going with?

Montanarocknreefer

New Sheriff In Town
Twize for those of us who could never afford such a project it is so nice that you are sharing the progress of your reef aquarium with us and so do look forward to the pics that will follow! Thanks so much! Johnny ;)

H20doctor

MMMM Tasty Children
I hope you put some drains in the floor to prepare for the leak, I will never forget waking up one morning and my tank was half empty!!!! :shock: How are you setting in the lighting system?

Maxx

Staff Housemonkey
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man, I'm finally getting ready to go forward and get my 58 gallon up and running, and thats been keeping me occupied! I cant imagine being able to do a tank that size! One of the things I've noticed is that I'm really enjoying the planning stage...figuring out all the intricate details and contigincy plans in the event that Murphy stops for a visit :evil:
I am a firm believer that the devil is in the details, and 5P's really work...(Prior Proper Planning Prevents Pi$$ Poor Perfomance)...as such I've come up w/ an adjustable height canopy, a great plumbing schematic, (with lots of help from Mojo) and a good refugium scheme....As soon as I get rolling I'll be back to post pics etc...and more importantly to let people know how well it works....
But man, even if I went nuts I couldnt compete w/ your set-up. I really like the 55 gallon surge sump. You're very well thought out, I hope things go well...please post more pics when you get the chance!
Nick

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts