Quantcast

parasites or just....

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

MonthOLDpickle

Black Sun
There are these things that look like catipillars really small ones..I will try to take a pic but they only come out at night and there seems to be more each night. help!

-Andee

Alice

Charlie's right, sounds like Bristleworms. These guys do a good job on clean-up of detritis, dead/decaying animals and left over fish/coral food. Their population will rise and fall with their food source, once it reaches a certain point. Your tank is pretty new so they probably still have a good food supply in the die-off and shedding detritis from your live rock. Once your tank gets more established though, any further large increase in bworm population could be from over feeding your tank.

I like Bworms as part of my clean up crew. Just don't pet them ;) their spines have an irritating sting.

Alice

MCSInc

Reef Enthusiast
Andee,

I have them in my tanks so thay could have hitchhiked in with anything that you got from me. Probably on the rubble that the feather calurpa was attached to. Are they red on one end and browner on the rest of the body? If so I agree - bristle worms.

MCSInc

Reef Enthusiast
??? Baby fish??? what are you seeing? How tiny? Top of the water? Middle or down in the sand? Do you see fish fry or is the water clowdy with fine particles? More info please...

MonthOLDpickle

Black Sun
They swim all over. There is more than I can count on my hands. They look like fish. Just really small. The catiplillar thingys are going down in numbers. But I will check again tonight. I might just turn the lights on and take some quick pictures. But yea all have a good one

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.