Quantcast

Phosphates Silicates & Kalk

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

dwall174

I have a very high level of Po4 & silicate in my city water thanks to some sort of additive they use to control rust & corrosion. My DI cartridge usually takes care of the excess silicate & Po4. However I used up my last DI refill & its going to take about a week to get some more DI resins in. In the mean time I need about to make-up about 8 gal of RO water for top-off! Which without the DI my RO water has a TDS of 4 & 1.0 Po4 I don’t have a good silicate test kit but I know that is high too. I only have softies so I usually just drip Kalk at night at 1 drop per second mixed at 1/2 tsp per gallon.

My plan is to increases my Kalk drip rate & drip 24/7 to match my evaporation rate until the DI resin gets here? Will the Kalk help precipitate the silicate & Po4 out of my RO water? Or should I look for something else to try & remove it?

cwcross

It will help with the PO4 but not with the silicate. I suggest you use distilled water from the grocery store. 8 gallons is only about 4$ or so.

Collin

dwall174

Thanks Collin

I do have a place that claims to have a 12 step filtration process called Water To Go that I thought about taking my TDS meter to & checking it? However if the distilled water will work just as good I will get that just untill the DI resin gets here!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts