Quantcast

Pictures

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Mauisreef

Rigameyer
Hello Anthony
Would you happen to have any eye candy for us to lust over?
Your favorite tank or a link to one that you are fond of?
Thanks in advance.

Maui

Anthony Calfo

Hmmm... one of my favorite aquariums at present is the reef display at Atlantis Marine World in Riverhead (Long Island) New York. It is 20,000 gallons and magnificent. Corals growing over each other... fish spawning daily before your eyes. Truly a world-class display... and worth the cost of travel as a destination alone. Their local club (LIRA) is in fact putting on a mini-MACNA next year (April 16th I believe)

I will go back to LI time and time again just to see this little public aquarium :)

link: http://www.atlantismarineworld.com/

Its too late for me to dig for pics (2:30AM EST)... I'm turning into a pumpkin :p

Will try or be reminded later :D

Mahalo, brah

Ant-

Mauisreef

Rigameyer
Eh brah, you stay talk dakine pigeon english aah? :lol:
I was born in Honolulu Hawaii and got dragged to Idaho due to the ever popular divorce back in 1975(Age 12). Went back every summer to visit my dad and his side of the family. Everyone always ask me what I miss most. I always reply, "The ocean, da babes, and da food." Not necessarily in that order. ;) I will be taking my wife over in Feb. Cant wait. Dive......Eat......Dive......Eat........Surf if I have time between Diving and eating. LOL!

Thanks for the link. That place looks spectacular. Must add it to my must see before I croak list. I also want to see the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas on Paradise Island. www.atlantis.com If I had 850 million to burn I would buy my own Island as well.

I enjoyed your article "Aquarium Culture of the Aeolid Nudibranch, Berghia"
in this months issue of Coral Magazine. I love that Mag. I read it from cover to cover when I get it.

Mahalo to you as well brada,

Maui :)

Anthony Calfo

heehee... not too much pigeon, brah... but a little :D Born near Honolulu too... and have quite a few japanese-hawaiian friends that most only seem to speak pigeon <G>

thanks for your kind words on the Coral article. It really is a fab magazine. I've actually been writing for Daniel in a column in the German version (Koralle) called "American Perspectives". Daniel is a wonderful person and attribute to the hobby.

Hey! Daniel will be at that LIRA mini-MACNA next year in fact.

Really... do consider coming. A short weekend... a cheap flight... and a few fish newrds can share one hotel room and make it a really cheap weekend. IF they do a frag swap... you can bring corals and perhaps pay your way :)

And re: HI... when you go back... if you go to the big Island, let us know... Bob (Fenner) has a house and is quite hospitable with guests or even just to have someone to dive with if you like. Dont be shy :)

Anth-

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.