Quantcast

Please identify this sea horse

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

cookiemn

Chicago bound!!!
Can anyone please identify this new species of sea horse? I am trying to estimate how big of a tank I should keep him in.

forsaken541

Well some would tell you to get a 3,000 gal tank for that but I would try him out in a nano 15-20 gal and see how he does. ROFL,
Erik :D

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
Wilburrrrrrrrr? Why don't you feed me? Thats a original Mister Ed Seahorse. They do not do well in anything but larger tanks. They are kinda hard to wean off natural diet of Alfalfa and wheat. They do produce a lot of waste. You may need a green Apple dispenser with extra Carbon to remove excess(censored) ? I think Deltec makes a special grade dispenser but they are expensive...
I hope this helps
Ed

Llarian

Well, the usual rule of thumb is about 1 hand per 20 gallons. However, as with most "rules of thumb", this is highly dependant on the particular feeding needs of the species and other bioload in the tank.

I would reccomend going at least 50 gallons per hand in this case, but keep and eye out for signs of starvation.

-Dylan

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts