Quantcast

plumbing new sump

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

gobie

dave the gobie
I recently bought a new cpr2000 wetdry it has 2 chambers and i wanted to hook it up to my 75 gal reef. i havent a picture of it a link to view it is
www.cpraquatic.com/products/wetdry.html
I was hoping for some help on how to do this correctly or if there is any modifications that would make this better .
equiptment to hook up is:
reef devil skimmer, k2r calreactor, and return pump external.

big t

tankless
Well does your sump still have the bio bail crap in it? That stuff needs to go, and I am sure you know that, since that looks like the only place that your skimmer would fit. Other then that ti should be pretty straight forward. Just moc it up in your stand to find the best place to drill the hole you will need for the external pump bulkhead. You can add mods easily such as a probe holder if you would like. You can make a probe holder from acrylic scraps attained from your local plastic supplier. I know at PSI in tacoma you can get nice sized scraps for $4. Hopefully the baffles that are in that sump work good and you will be in there. Do you have any specific questions?

snobanker

I think Dave's computer is down, but I saw the sump the other day and yes he has removed the bio-bale. He wants to use the unit as a sump, not as a wet/dry.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.