Quantcast

pods

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

cheeks69

I say the more the better !!!! If you have a good size tank with plenty of LR with a large pod population than I would get a Manderin, that is their primary food and they are very beautiful fish they would just feast on those guys:p

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Well, I've got the large part down, (300 gal.), but it has only been running for a little over 2 months, so I think that a mandarin is out of the question, at least for 6 maybe 8 months yet. Thanx tho, appreciate the reply.:D

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
I have heard nothing but the benefits of PODs which is why many even go to the extent of having refugiums ect... I think the only time I would have too many is if they were so thick I couldn't appreciate my corals through the glass :)

Keep in mind. Often on a young tank like yours you will see a massive POD boom because their food source is abundant, but they will eventually use up the resources and the population will decrease significantly. I experienced this in my 3-4 month... It was sad to see the masses go bye bye :( I miss the lil buggers..

Thank you for waiting longer to add the mandarin. The common advice I received was to have at leas ta 100 gal up for 1 yr. Of course there are exceptions but that was the consensus I reached.

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Thanx, I've got a 75 gallon fuge running too, so maybe I can keep a decent population even when the pod bloom goes away in the main tank.
I've had a mandarin before so I kind of know what I'm up against trying to keep one of them alive. i would eventually like to get a pair of them, but that'll be down the road.

NaH2O

Keep in mind. Often on a young tank like yours you will see a massive POD boom because their food source is abundant, but they will eventually use up the resources and the population will decrease significantly.
Have you been reading my mind? LOL - well stated. I think sometimes pod populations will wax and wane depending on the resources available.

Here is an interesting article on Isopods

Here is a link to different pods, this one is for Amphipods

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts