pods

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

cheeks69

I say the more the better !!!! If you have a good size tank with plenty of LR with a large pod population than I would get a Manderin, that is their primary food and they are very beautiful fish they would just feast on those guys:p

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Well, I've got the large part down, (300 gal.), but it has only been running for a little over 2 months, so I think that a mandarin is out of the question, at least for 6 maybe 8 months yet. Thanx tho, appreciate the reply.:D

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
I have heard nothing but the benefits of PODs which is why many even go to the extent of having refugiums ect... I think the only time I would have too many is if they were so thick I couldn't appreciate my corals through the glass :)

Keep in mind. Often on a young tank like yours you will see a massive POD boom because their food source is abundant, but they will eventually use up the resources and the population will decrease significantly. I experienced this in my 3-4 month... It was sad to see the masses go bye bye :( I miss the lil buggers..

Thank you for waiting longer to add the mandarin. The common advice I received was to have at leas ta 100 gal up for 1 yr. Of course there are exceptions but that was the consensus I reached.

CarlaW

Scarlet Begonias
Thanx, I've got a 75 gallon fuge running too, so maybe I can keep a decent population even when the pod bloom goes away in the main tank.
I've had a mandarin before so I kind of know what I'm up against trying to keep one of them alive. i would eventually like to get a pair of them, but that'll be down the road.

NaH2O

Keep in mind. Often on a young tank like yours you will see a massive POD boom because their food source is abundant, but they will eventually use up the resources and the population will decrease significantly.
Have you been reading my mind? LOL - well stated. I think sometimes pod populations will wax and wane depending on the resources available.

Here is an interesting article on Isopods

Here is a link to different pods, this one is for Amphipods

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.