Quantcast

Poll: What Type of Digital Camera Do You Use?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

What Type of Digital Camera Do You Use?

• Digital SLR

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Digital Non SLR with Manual Controls

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Digital Point and Shoot

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thetedinator

Apolemichthys xanthopunct
Poll title says it all

If your camera is an SLR, vote option #1.

If your camera is not an SLR and you can manually adjust focus, exposure etc on your camera, then vote for option #2.

f it's not an SLR and you CAN NOT adjust focus, etc. then vote #3.

Ted

Last edited:

wrightme43

I use a sony cybershot 5.1 mega. If you tell me what kind it is I will use the poll. LOL
It is just awfull for close up shots. I need to buy the macro lense from sony. Beyond that I love it. STEVE

thetedinator

wrightme43 said:
I use a sony cybershot 5.1 mega. If you tell me what kind it is I will use the poll. LOL
It is just awfull for close up shots. I need to buy the macro lense from sony. Beyond that I love it. STEVE
Can you manually adjust focus, exposure etc on your camera? If it's not an SLR and you CAN NOT adjust focus, etc. then select "Point and Shoot"

Ted

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I have the Fuji Fine Pix S7000. I am not sure if it is SLR. Please explain to me more about SLR. I am assuming it means Solar Lense Reflective. My camera has both manual and Auto focus settings. The S7000 has the capibility to interchange different lenses. I will fill out the poll when I learn the difference in SLR.
Thanks in Advance,
Ed

ktani

I have the Canon 10D and just upgraded to the new 20D.

One reason I bought the SLR is most digital cameras have a delay from when you squeeze and when the image actually takes. I have kids that play soccer and volleyball and was having problems getting a good action shot where the ball was actually still in the picture. Most of the time I had to guess and see if I got lucky or get a shot after the action was done. (missed one of my daughter's goals that way, all I got was her leg up in the air after the kick)

They are expensive to be sure, but the ability to adjust, the lens selection and quality of image are priceless. Still though, it was an expense, but figured my children will not repeat this age and I would rather sacrifice somewhere else and get good pictures for memories.

Also, got the macro lens on the 20D so I can snap close ups of the corals.

Kip

thetedinator

Ed Hahn said:
I have the Fuji Fine Pix S7000. I am not sure if it is SLR. Please explain to me more about SLR. I am assuming it means Solar Lense Reflective. My camera has both manual and Auto focus settings. The S7000 has the capibility to interchange different lenses. I will fill out the poll when I learn the difference in SLR.
Thanks in Advance,
Ed
Ed,

SLR is Single Lens Reflex. The advantage of SLR cameras is what you see in the viewfinder is what you get. The viewfinder lets you see what the lens actually sees and through manual controls, you get a larger degree of freedom in composing the picture. Typically, SLR cameras have changeable lenses.

HTH,

Ted

thetedinator

Nikon Coolpix 8700/8800

All,

Anyone using the Nikon Coolpix 8700/8800? How do you like it and how hard/easy is it to use when taking macro shots?

Thanks,

Ted

Llarian

Technically, any camera with a TTL (Through the lens) viewfinder is an SLR.

I've never been sold on the new electronic viewfinders, but with those being all the rage, there's a lot of "SLR" digitals on the market these days by the strict definition. =)

I think anything with an optical TTL viewfinder and/or fully interchangable lenses (conversion lenses don't count) is considered a digital SLR now.

-Llarian

john

Nikon D70 and a Nikon coolpix 4800 for macro, coolpix was half the price of a 105mm macro lens for the D70

SaltwaterTeen

yea, the D70's, and the digital rebels lenses are alot! There was a 75mm macro lense for about $500-600 for my digital rebel. I like the digital rebel, but when I put it on macro mode pointy shooty, it doesnt have the option of having flash on or off, it has auto flash, and everytime I try and take tank macro shots, it will pop up :evil:

Zephrant

Engineer
Technically only a Single Lens Reflex camera is a SLR. If it has a mirror (or pentaprism) that moves out of the way to take the picture, it is a SLR.

Granted there are cameras that are "SLR" like, but let's not go redefining acronyms. ;)

Zeph

Scott_L

Ive got the Nikon D2H and it is amazing! I use both a 60 mm Macro and a 24-120 zoom for marine aquarium shots and the 80 - 400 zoom is great for sports photography too!

thetedinator

john said:
Nikon D70 and a Nikon coolpix 4800 for macro, coolpix was half the price of a 105mm macro lens for the D70
David,

Does the 4800 have shutter delay? Does it have manual focus?

Thanks,

Ted

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts