Quantcast

Post Disneyland

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

sharkbaitx2

Well the trip to LA was fun - just not hot enough. But part of the adventure was to find out how the LFS's operated in that area with quality of livestock and pricing of same. A big dissappointment!! The shops we visited were in the Marina Del Rey, Playa Del Rey and Santa Monica area and we were surprised at the lack of quality. Mislabeled critters, belly-up critters and lack of trained staff seemed to be the norm in these areas - even on Wilshire Blvd. Perhaps further travels to outlying areas would have proved better but time didn't allow. We even came prepared with insulated bags and hot packs but they came home empty. One interesting fact - I asked the security staff at LAX re: examining critters before boarding and their friendly reply was that they could all be examined by hand. No ride down the conveyor and therefore no rads to be had - and they could sit on your lap - all the way home. Hope this has answered some questions re: traveling with friends.

NaH2O

I asked the security staff at LAX re: examining critters before boarding and their friendly reply was that they could all be examined by hand. No ride down the conveyor and therefore no rads to be had - and they could sit on your lap - all the way home. Hope this has answered some questions re: traveling with friends.
Awesome info! Thanks for asking about that....will make the trip to MACNA that much more enjoyable!

Sorry, the places you went weren't up in quality. Glad you were able to enjoy LA, even though it wasn't hot enough. Beats the snow storm we had overnight here...I'd be happy with temps in the 60s :D

wanareef

reefer addict
Too bad you didn't get to checkout the LFS in Orange CO - Jeffs exotic is there (terrible place), can't remember this one, but found ricordia on sale one time for $4 bucks, not the plain green but the orange, purple, and tri-colors. It was in Buena Park - home of Kotts.

Too bad you visited a small part of LA. The wholesalers are near or at the airport and unfortunatly "we" are not allowed in without a resale license. :rolleyes:

Did you get to try "In and Out Burgers"? If not you really missed it.

Last edited:

sharkbaitx2

Yep, next visit I get more time. We've all got to have priorities and when it comes to: shopping in Venice, Disneyland or visiting LFS's, I know where mine begins. Too bad the three shops I got to visit were so lacking, hope you found better. Orange County next visit. Yes, we always stop at "In and Out Burgers" and Carl's - maybe we need an exotic food poll here.

sharkbaitx2

Yep, next visit I get more time. We've all got to have priorities and when it comes to: shopping in Venice, Disneyland or visiting LFS's, I know where mine begins. Too bad the three shops I got to visit were so lacking, hope you found better. Orange County next visit. Yes, we always stop at "In and Out Burgers" and Carl's - maybe we need an exotic food poll here.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.