Quantcast

problems with photo gallery

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

uwscotch

i use internet explorer and whenever I try to acces the photo gallery, my computer brings up the dial-up connecltion. i am connected on a network and i use dial-up at home. this website and particularly the photo album is wher I have problems. The computer tries to connect and of cours there is no dial tone. Do other users have a similar problem or is it just me and my browser settings. Like i said, I do not have the problem at any other forums or anywhere else I surf except here.

uwscotch

j.stagner

Seeker of knowledge
I don't have any problems. I think that it is most likely some problem with your browser/connection settings, but unfortunately can't offer anything helpful...

esmith

AQUAMANIAC
One suggestion uwscotch, try disabling your modem and changing you internet settings under Tools\Internet Options\Connections\ and remove and previously established dial up connections. If you are networked, and connected through calbe/DSL/T1 line you won't be needing dial up unless you have it setup in case you loose your high speed connection or power.

HTH,

Eliyah

uwscotch

thanks for the suggestions, the thing is I use a laptop. At home, I need the dial up and at work I use the T1 line, or whatever it is we have. I suppose I can disable the dial-up while I am at work. It is currently set so that it uses the dial-up whenever a network connection is not present. I changed it to never use a dial up and I will just manually change it at home. Thanks.

uwcotch

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.