Quantcast

Puget Sound Oil Spill

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Beckmola24

Hawkfish
I am kind of dissappointed and upset about this latest oil spill. Just this last Sunday, I took a charter out to that exact area (Maury Island and Sunset Beach) for Scuba diving. I saw many many fish and so much sea life. There were a good number of baby octopus there also. This is upsetting since I actually came face to face with fish and creatures that live there. I can't believe someone would just leave to scene after dumping thousands of gallons of oil and not let the coast guard or anyone know what happened. I saw a special on the History Channel about how the industry mandated that all oil boats have 2 layers of steel in the hull, but only a few boats around the world actually fixed the problem. SO many birds and sea creatures have died due to carelessness in shipping oil. It's sad how they really don't care about our environment. Someday it will come back to haunt them... Just my 2 cents...

Beckmola24

Hawkfish
I'm really upset now, because the spill has creeped all the way to seacrest so diving the sound is out of the question for awhile......... Those poor animals. GRRRR!!!!!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.