Quantcast

Rabbitfish

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Nashon

Amphipod
I have a Blotched Foxface, hes pretty big 8"+. I don't have any clams but he doesnt bother anything in the tank. He did get hungry one day and removed all xenia from my tank. Other than that hes a model citizen. Eats anything I feed from spinach to nori to mysis and cyclopeze flake. The cleaner shrimp are on him now and then and he doesnt mind. Hope this helps.

gobie

dave the gobie
rabbit fishy are wonderful I have kept them before they seem to do best with fresh algae. I would suggets not to keep with anemonies , I had 2 eaten by my anemonie along with a sailfin tang, clown fish, etc. they are shy in the beginning. but seem to do well.

NaH2O

Mat - RC doesn't let you link to their pictures. Here is a link Two Barred Rabbitfish. Also the image in our gallery:

I have a Magnificant Foxface - and she has been great - hasn't bothered my corals clams, shrimp, or crabs. Also, I don't really feed because I have plenty of algae for her to eat in the tank. I did put some Seaweed in and she ate it quite happily. I see her occasionally eating amphipods that are dead floating up in the water column. We'll see how she does when the algae is all gone. Hopefully, she'll be a trooper. There is a local reefer here that is getting rid of her Magnificant Foxface because she started nipping on the softies and LPS in the tank (She leaves SPS alone).

bc_slc

hmm. that link is to reefkeeping.com. Interesting.

Thanks for the input guys/gals. I went for it today. My new little guy is acclimating as we speak.

Mat

bc_slc

yes, that is where the pic came from. That article was very helpful.

I have had the lights off all day. Trying to aclimate the new rabbitfish today and a small maroon clown I am trying to pair which I got yesterday. So far, the rabbit looks happy, the clown is still hiding :p

Mat

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts