Quantcast

Random fish shots

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

kevinpo

Expert
Hi Chris,
All three are from the Siganus family (commonly known as Rabbitfish). LFS usually carry one of two species called Foxface. Occasionally I see Virgate Rabbitfish (it's the one in the foreground). I rarely see the other two. I don't know why as I think they are more attractive and have better dispositions than the Foxface.

The one with the yellow stripes is S. puellis and the other is S. doliatus.

These are great macro algae eaters get along well with others. They are also very disease resistant and will become very tame. The downside is that they become quite large and have venomous spines.

Regards,
Kevin

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Chris,

I know Below Sea level has a few Singnus Doliatus in and there is one that has been there for a few months. He looks to be in real good health as I take a look at him everytime Im there... which is about 3 times a month. I have considered them, but they get a little to large. If they don't get stressed they have that great yellow labyrinth pattern, though they tend to fade if they are not in good health or stressed.

-Erik

TDEVIL

ok , here are a few of mine :)

this is my wifes fav fish and the other half of the rose that distroid my tank, this half is doing much better

Jay

TDEVIL

and a few more ;)

y tang under actinics

one of my wrasses (Cirrhilabrus lubbocki)

Jay

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.