Quantcast

random pics of my tank

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

uwscotch

Lobophytum pauciflorum (leather), Unidentified yello polyp: dubbed Parazoanthus gracilis, Actinodiscus coeruleus (metallic blue mushroom). ref. Borneman, E. H.

Last edited:

uwscotch

thank you Dean. Caulastrea fucata (trumpet coral). closed during the day, long sweepers at night, 0.5-1" long.

Last edited:

uwscotch

Two Litophyton species (tree coral, kenya tree coral, etc.) Euphyllia divisa (frogspawn coral), Galaxea fascicularis (galaxy coral) colors vary.

Last edited:

uwscotch

My brain was coming up a little bit short. Typical, I always end up an inch or two short. OOPS. Did I say that out loud.

BTW, the anenome is a Sebae. Furtunately a very successful one.

Macbeth417

Reef Monkey
Looks great uwscotch, I always love seeing some indepth pictures of local tanks. Are you still attending UW or just an Alumni?

-Erik

uwscotch

Hello all

Thanks for the great replies. Thank you for the accurate anemone identifcation Kevin. I appreciate the scientific identification, in fact, I may go back and properly identify each animal, at least to the genus level. I have not gone thru the process of properly identifying my anemones. Now I am scared. I have two of them that do not stop growing. It's only a 29 gal. tank and they now reach 12" in diameter. They originally were only 3-5" when I got them. They both prefer the same spot in the tank and their interaction appears to have no ill effect on either one.

As far as UW goes, I am currently a graduate student, aka, an indentured servant. This may be over in 2 years hopefully. Then it is time to move to Australia. :p

Thanks again

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts