Quantcast

rate your pests

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

pvillalba

well i agree with you but also i include bristleworms .with the ick i use quarintene with low saltwater, but if te guy is a tang i have bad exp. with low salt with tangs .with the bristle a try much methods , coralbanded shrimps, yellow watchman,water botles with the mouth inside, but i think that is a war for ever with this guys.

MCSInc

Reef Enthusiast
I really dislike aiptasia. How could one become so many. Now I cannot move things between the tanks for fear of getting them in my 100 gal.

Second on my list of dislikes is hair algae. I don't understand how in one tank some rocks are completely clean and some are completely covered.

Sigh....

Angelscrx

Import Fish
pvillalba said:
well i agree with you but also i include bristleworms .with the ick i use quarintene with low saltwater, but if te guy is a tang i have bad exp. with low salt with tangs .with the bristle a try much methods , coralbanded shrimps, yellow watchman,water botles with the mouth inside, but i think that is a war for ever with this guys.
Arrow crabs will help a lot. I saw one with a about a four inch bristle worm in it's claws and he was going to town on it. The work was still alive!!!

Angelscrx

Import Fish
I hate Cyano!!!!!!!! It gets over everything. I finally ahd to get rid of the crushed coral and leave a SSB. I tried everything from water flow to phosphate filters and nothing worked. Taking the CC out fixed it for me. I also took out a rock that kep growing green hair in one little spot.

MikeS

Angelscrx said:
I hate Cyano!!!!!!!! It gets over everything. I finally ahd to get rid of the crushed coral and leave a SSB. I tried everything from water flow to phosphate filters and nothing worked. Taking the CC out fixed it for me. I also took out a rock that kep growing green hair in one little spot.
I agree...cyano sucks....but it usually can be beat fairly quickly....wait until you are fighting a bubble algae outbreak....you'll wish it was cyano... :lol: JMHO :lol:

MikeS

Alice

Hands down, dinoflagellates. :(

I lost my favorite fishes and some corals to this pestilence. I thought I was going to have to scrap the tank but I finally got it under control with water changes, syphoning, water changes, increased water movement, water changes, using a UV and more water changes.

Major PITA

dnjan

alveopora
Definitely agree on the dinos. I run a fairly high-nutrient tank, and am always on the edge of a dino outbreak. I am a big fan of carbon in a power filter, changed every few days, until the dinos are beat back.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts