Quantcast

Reef Frontiers May Contest

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

NaH2O

Here are the details of the contest:

It's time for the Reef Frontiers May Contest. The prize this month is a $100 certificate to Blue Sierra Exotics.

For this contest go to our Equipment/Product Review section and upload pictures of equipment and/or products. They have to be new to the section, so be sure to check that yours hasn't already been uploaded. The equipment/product can be anything from hydrometers to DIY projects (i.e. standpipes, reactors, etc...etc.....). As you upload your products, please PM me (NaH2O/Nikki) a list...that way I can be sure you get credit for all of your products. The person with the most uploads by the end of the contest....wins the $100 prize!!

Contest will run through June 7th, 2004.

Thanks again Blue Sierra Exotics - for sponsoring the contest!!

Curtswearing

Mantisfreak
Cool contest!!!

I can easily spend $100 on reef products. Thanks for sponsoring this Blue Sierra Exotics.

This will also be great because when I first started reefing, I didn't have a clue what people were talking about on the boards. I was too busy trying to keep my calcium at 8.3 and my pH at 400. :) (I put up a smiley face but to be serious, I was trying to learn TONS of info in a short period of time and sometimes the info blurred together).

This hobby was challenging to get into for me because I didn't know the difference between a protein skimmer and a canister filter. The cool thing about this contest is that new people will be able to see all of the different equipment.

Hopefully, they won't be as overloaded as I was.

NaH2O

Wanted to let you know....I've added for you to PM me a list of your products that you upload. You can do it as you go. This way I'll be sure you get credit for all of your products.

Also, I wanted to clarify: When you go to the equipment/product forum and select the category you would like to upload to.....on the top right side you will see "Upload Products"....click on that to get yourself started. Don't forget to put up pictures!

Good Luck everyone!!

Curtswearing

Mantisfreak
BTW....when attaching pics it is important to make sure that the picture is a .jpg file. Most reefing boards can't accept .gif files or .tif files.

However, there are free conversion programs out on the internet.

DonW

R.I.P.
I think it would be helpful if everyone actually wrote a review if you have used the product. I noticed that most are just copy and paste manufacturer statements without a review.

Don

Curtswearing

Mantisfreak
I agree Don. That would DEFINATELY be very useful. I hope that people add reviews as well. However, if I understand the terms of the contest correctly, a review isn't required.

Adding equipment is quite easy. You pick a piece of equipment, go to the "upload products" link, find a picture of the desired product, and use the drop down box as shown on my pic to categorize it. (Again...it might be necessary to use one of the online conversion tools to convert the pic to a Jpeg). There's a gazillion conversion tools

Last edited:

mattseattle

All I can say is whoever uploaded all the Red Sea products and others is a disaster. Look at the descriptions? most are triple spaced between paragraphs and more. Just looks horrible and you have to scroll down more than you should to get the entire text. If people are just uploading to get credit for the contest and not taking pride in their work that is awful.

Give me admin rights and I'll edit all the descriptions so they are eye pleasing and worth reading.

mattseattle

look at this:

Reef & Marine Success Supplements are a complete range of aquarium supplements for marine and reef aquariums, including unique products for enhanced coral growth and development.

Through exact ion balancing these formulas continue to maintain excellent water chemistry even as the elements are utilized. These easy-to-use supplements are supplied in a 14 oz clear bottle that includes a 10ml scale for easy dosing. All of the supplements have been formulated for weekly addition to the aquarium and will treat a total of 5,000 gallons.

Encourages growth of higher marine algaes For weekly usage

Minor and trace elements for marine algae

Marine Success Green is a scientifically formulated enrichment solution containing iron and manganese to stimulate and maintain growth of higher algae. It also provides all the other minor and trace elements required for macro algae like Caulerpa and Halimeda species. These algae not only improve the aesthetic aspects of the marine aquarium, they also play an important role in maintaining a stable aquarium ecosystem, by removing unwanted nitrate and phosphate from your aquarium. They also produce oxygen and secrete vitamins into the aquarium water. Marine Success Green does not contain nitrate or phosphate.

NeilsReef

To Mattseattle

Thanks for your constructive comments, I am still fairly new to forums. Therefore I am learning new things, so I am not perfect, but I will try OK.

I plan on fixing the "mess" I created when I get a second. Once again thanks for your patients, with me the newbie! Neil

mattseattle

*laff* yeah i know it sounds like all i do is complain but hopefully that isn't the impression i give.

Couple things drive me crazy when reading text on the web:

Things like:
Cora;ife Coralife Salt Mix

and huge gaping gaps in paragraphs where the text doesn't scroll correctly. Other grammatical problems as well....not that I am always grammatically correct :)

I just want us to take pride in our library and make people want to use it.

*stepping down*

mattseattle

Neil - now you make me feel bad. I didn't want to come off as being an ass. I apologize for being like that....I should've been 'softer'.

MtnDewMan

mattseattle said:
Neil - now you make me feel bad. I didn't want to come off as being an ass. I apologize for being like that....I should've been 'softer'.
Let's all remember that "real" people are part of this community, and a softer approach always prevails over the heavy approach.

Thanks for taking the time to update those posts when you get a chance Neil. The content you provided will be great in our equipment section.

mattseattle

I apologized for my somewhat harsh post and will watch my future posts unless it warrants a harsh post :)

I still think it would be nice if we did have someone or would appoint someone to go through the library and make edits to the text and get the titles consistant with capitalization and spell check things. I would volunteer for such a job.

Last edited:

NaH2O

*Ahem* - matt - I am working on it....slowly but surely....I will get thru the gallery. :)

Neil and others that have taken time to upload equipment (& those that have added reviews) into the gallery....Thank You - you will make this contest and RF a success!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.