Quantcast

return for a mag 7

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

forsaken541

I am plumbing my sump and am trying to decide on what size return to use from my mag7. I am thinking 1". Lemme know what you all are using, Thanks,
Erik

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
Thier are a ton of different pumps folks use for return Erik. Thier are two main things you need to keep in mind for a return pump. One is that it is not to big as that it would move the water through the sump to quickly, creating micro bubbles and possibly cavitation. The second is that it doesnt overwhelm the drain lines you are using. So a mag seven i probibly going to pump up around 500gph by the time it get to the tank, and the 1 inch drain line will be able to handle that no problem, so all good thier, just a matter of how small the sump is.

take care

Mike

forsaken541

Yeah I actually figured that by the time I got it up and over the tank and through the fittings that I would be in the 400-500 range. I am using a cpr90 overflow using the same 1" line. Thanks for your help.
Erik

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts