Quantcast

RO/DI Shut off valve.... help....

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

The R/C Man

Hey everyone!

Does anyone have a diagram of how to install a shut off valve on an Qceanus 4 stage RO/DI system? I can't get it to work... Thanks!

wrightme43

Is it a small square white valve with 2 inlets and 2 outlets. If so I know how. If not I dont.
If it is I will post a pic of mine. Hows that? HTH Steve

The R/C Man

Hey Dude!

A picture would be great. Yeah it is the four line version. One side says in and the other says out. I ran the line from the second filter to the in side on the valve. Next to that on the same side I went to the gauge and the membrane. Next from the membrane out through the little check valve (arrow towards the shut off valve) into the out side of the shut off valve and then from the next out to the di filter.... Does that sound right? I will post a pic of it in a bit..... Thanks!

wrightme43

alright, looking at the top of the shutoff valve, the upper set marked inlet goes to the third prefilter, the outlet on the top goes to the ro membrane inlet, the bottom inlet goes to the clean water outlet of the ro membrane, and the outlet side on the bottom goes to deion canister. You must have a check valve installed on the ro membrane outlet, that was my problem they didnt send the checkvalve, on the out let from the last filter you have a float valve that shuts builds pressure and the check valve wont let it back out so the auto shut off shuts down water flow to the inlet of the ro membrane. Hope that makes sense if it doesnt when I get home I will draw on a picture for you. LOL. Steve

The R/C Man

Thanks Dude!

I will have to go through it at home... Here is a pic of how I had it set up.... Maybe you can see the problem.... Thanks!

The R/C Man

After compairing the two pics and your explaination I think my inlet lines to need to be swapped as well as the outlet lines.... When I get home from work I will try that and let you know happens..... Thanks!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts