Quantcast

Salt Water Leaf Fish

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

vjvl51

Picture here - http://www.aquariumpros.ca/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=636&sort=1&cat=1&page=2

I think it is this Taenianotus triacanthus. The present owner says it eats ghost shrimp and the occasional frozen brine shrimp. What's the possibilities of it eating blender mush/frozen formula/flakes/etc? I have a 25 gallon tank with no other fish in it but wouldn't want to buy this if they won't convert to frozen food as I have no access to live food on a regular basis.

Thanks

Vickie

wrightme43

The leaf fish at the L.F.S where I work weekends eat marine supreme, and freze dried krill if it is soaked and on a feeding prong in front of thier noses and wiggled. Use small pieces. We get new ones all the time and it has worked for most of them, a few insist on what we call ghost shrimp, (live) and brine shrimp (live) Just my experince, I hope it helps you. Steve

vjvl51

Thanks wrightme, I don't think I would have the patience to use a feeding prong on a daily basis. It looks/sounds like a very interesting fish for a species tank but I'm beginning to think too much work.

Vickie

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts