Quantcast

Salts and Phosphates.

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

MINIATUS

After going over things with my tank and some of the algae problems I'm having, I noticed that Salts was mentioned in almost every conversation. Does anyone know which salts have the most Phosphates and which is an ideal salt for a reef.
Sorry ,but this interest me and Im sure others would be interested also. Bare with me with all the questions.

MINIATUS:oops:

NaH2O

Min, I thought there was some information somewhere that showed all the salt mixes, but is no longer available. Let me do some checking and see if I can come up with anything.

Have you tested your phosphates in the tank and/or your salt mixed water?

Dr B

Wow, IO is the lowest on there for Phosphates.
I sure wish they gave you values too as the ammonia/nitrates are marked as high.

NaH2O

Awesome, Robert! Thank you!!

If you click on the test results it prompts you to the animal network site, which has some articles that are no longer available. That is where my original thoughts were when looking for the parameter values of the salt mixes. I hope they get the articles back out there - a lot of good information.

On a side note, I wonder if any of the manufacturers have changed their make-up since the publishing of this test (1999). Also, Oceanic's new salt is not represented.

idgy

ah yes! But Oceanic has a new and improved salt out. So does that chart apply to the old Oceanic or the new?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts