Quantcast

Saltwater City banner ad

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

mattseattle

When I clicked on Sponsors and scrolled down to Saltwater City I had 2 windows come up.

1st windows was another IE frame with a mailto: command then after that I had a 2nd window
2nd window was an outlook message window

after i closed those 2 windows because I didn't want to email them as I thought it was a website, the cookie for Reef Frontiers had to be deleted so I had to log back in.

anything we can do about this behavior? or is it just happening to me?

NaH2O

I had the same thing, except having to log back into RF.... I'll notify Administration. Thanks for the heads up...

MtnDewMan

That is how I have it setup for now ... you shouldn't have to log back in though ... that is unusual behavior ... The link is basically a mailto link for now, and it pops up into a new window ... Until we can put something in place to have a website or a pseudo website, we wanted a way to contact Saltwater City.

mattseattle

yeah if it were a simple mailto it'd be fine but having one window open then another one is annoying and then on top of that having to log back in was even more annoying. i've had the log back in bug happen on some of the other sponsor ads as well. the only way to really reproduce it is to click on one of the sponsor ads then close the Reef Frontiers window then close the Sponsors window then bring IE back up and go back to the Reef Frontiers website. You'll have to log back in again. That's just a simple way to reproduce it.

MtnDewMan

There's a reason the sponsor sites come up in a separate window, so you don't have to close the reef frontiers window ...

Like I said, I will get to it when I can :) Thanks for the feedback

mattseattle

don't get fussy :) i was only giving you other scenarios where you could reproduce the bug so once you fix it you can test them.

sometimes when i go to a sponsors site i'm finished with Reef Frontiers so I close it but then when I come back to it I have to log in again which is semi-annoying.

thanks for the response to the issues. i know you have your plate full and i appreciate all the work you are doing.

MtnDewMan

I made a couple of changes (including directing the SWC banner ad to a pseudo page), maybe it will help. The cookies may get screwed up if you enter the site on one domain and get redirected to the other. For example, this site works on both http://www.thepsas.org/ as well as http://www.reeffrontiers.com/

As we move forward, we will try to get it to be more consistent. Part of our growing pains for sure.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.