Quantcast

Sea Salts

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

idgy

Has anyone ever used Marine Enviroment and how did you like it?

What does everyone think of the Nutri-SeaWater?

Would you use it just for water changes or to fill an entire tank?

NaH2O

When it comes to synthetic salt mixes....all have their strengths and weakness. Some hobbyists are very passionate about their choice of artificial salt mixes :D

Here is a thread, see if it helps: What type of salt do you use?

I'm not familiar with Nutri-SeaWater?

mattseattle

I saw the Nutri-Seawater at Petco. I wouldn't touch it with a 100 foot pole. It says it has a shelf-life of 12 months and it's all natural sea water with additives. *laff* All natural but we add stuff to it? :) naw, i wouldn't use it for water changes or to fill an entire tank.

idgy - you don't have a location in your profile so can't tell where you are from. when i originally filled my tank i bought water from the Seattle Aquarium for .05 cents a gallon. Since then I bought an RO/DI unit and I use Oceanic salt for my water changes.

My honest opinion is I would never buy anything like live sand in a bag or natural seawater off a store sheld. You don't know what temperature extremes it's been through as well as how old it is or if it is contaminated in any other way. Also it's not cost effective.

But that is only my opinion :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts