Quantcast

Seattle aquarium water

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

jazznreef

lots of debating has gone on over this issue. you might search this forum and reefcentral. i've read most of the threads and have also used the water for my reef for a 3 year period. bottom line, in my opinion, for fish only there probably isn't any problems with this water. with reefs you might want to test and add trace elements and salt accordingly. in both cases you probably want to wait until theres a nice dry spell so you don't get run off from the city streets. now might be a pretty good time to do it. bottom line, many folks claim to have great success in fish and reef environments using this water. the price is so attractive and if moving it is convenient to you then i'd give it a try.

jazznreef

might boil down to price sensitivity. to fill a large tank you are saving hundreds of dollars although with that savings comes a transport cost. i don't think there are any adverse impacts on your reef if you draw during a dry spell, test and adjust accordingly.

mattseattle

i used it for about 6 months. it wasn't ever stable. i always had to add additives and such. sometimes the pump was broke when i went to pick up water or sometimes the card they gave me wouldn't register. it was nice for the original fill of my tank but after that it soon became a pain. the .05 a gallon was nice but that was the best thing about it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.