Quantcast

Sequence Pumps

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
Is anyone using a Sequence pump on a closed loop? I know many of you are using Dolphin/ AmpMaster? Just trying to compare. I've heard some have had problems with AM seals. Any sponsors feel free to chime in as well.........Thanks Scott:confused:

NaH2O

Scott, I actually debated between the two. As far as the ampmaster seals, I've been told that usually only happens when debris gets in it...but can't say for sure. I was also told that the sequence pumps needed to be saltwater ready, and some vendors carry them that way. Just something to keep in mind...I really don't think you would go wrong with either pump.

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
Thanks Nikki,
Just trying to gain info. It really gets to be a dillema when you are looking at shelling out 300 bucks or so for a pump. Matter of fact..........I seems its 300 for every piece of equipment or reef order I been making lately. :shock: LOL. Must be a conspiracy! Oh well guess we just push the mortgage back this month.
Thanks Scott

reedman

go with the sequence

When my AM3K fails (and it will...again) I will be switching to two smaller sequence pumps. I have not heard of any seal problems with the sequnce & I figure with 2 smaller pumps I only risk 1 failing at a time. It wasn't pretty going from 2800 Gal/hr to 4 maxi-jet 1200's. Very unhappy corals.

Just my 2 cents. I know Mojo is very happy with his Ampmasters as are many others. I, unfortunately can't say the same.

kevinpo

Expert
I have several of both in operation. I would choose the Sequence brand without hesitation. It is a much better constructed pump. I have replaced 3 sets of seals on the Dolphin while both of the Sequence pumps (1000 series) have performed great. I have heard of a Sequence model 750 go bad (the mfg. is fixing it cost free).

Both brands are very quiet and energy efficient.

Regards,
Kevin

bigdave

bigdave
can anyone help i want to replace my 3 little giant external pumps with one pump. the little giant is a good pump it is loud and in my living room the noise of the fans drive me crazy. i was looking at the amp master and after reading this i am thinking twice.

wanareef

reefer addict
Scott

I have one of those Sequence pumps but not hooked up yet. I got it from azponds.com and it was on sale. The 750 series is a good, engery efficient the same as the amp's. The salt seals are $32 more and ship is $10 or so. But still less than som of the on-line retailers.

The 1000 series is/was on sale just check them out. You can't go wrong.

Scooterman

Administrator
Although I don't own one Sequence all the way from what I've read and I called the manufacturer, they were very nice and helpful. I've seen some in action over 5 years no-stop, as quite as dolphin or quieter. I state this on my reading and observation only! When I build my new system, It will have these pumps, with the salt-water fittings/seals for sure!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.