Quantcast

Serpant star acropora friendly?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

L-93

Anyone know if serpants star fisha re friendly in a reef. I saw mine on top of an acropora last night. Not sure if its trying to eat the shrimp and crab that live in the acropora or what?
Thanks

kevinpo

Expert
I have never seen or heard of a serpent starfish bothering Acropora corals. The ones I've kept are the red ones from the Caribbean, the common green ones, and yellow Tonga brittle stars.

Regards,
Kevin

gobie

dave the gobie
Serpent Are Peaceful You Have No Worries They Love To Come Out At Night. Sometimes Mine Climbs To The Top Of The Tank And Hangs Out There Filter Feeding.

chin_monster

I've at three huge brittle stars in my sps tank that drape themselves over and through the corals without any negative consequence that I can see.

And my lettuce leaf pavonas are full of small 2" -5" diameter brittle stars that have never caused any damage.

Angelscrx

Import Fish
Welcome to L-93 and chin_monster. Never seen them bother anything. I have an orange one in my tank and no problems from it.

EvilMel

Mine (green serpent) hasn't bothered any other coral except for two types of xenia. But let me tell you, it eats the heck out of those. I can't keep any of it in the tank, which I don't consider a bad thing! hah hah

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

Latest posts