Quantcast

Share your Montipora capricornis pictures

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

Desolas

Free Jolly Jenkins.
That formation of the bottom pic of yours is very nice. How big is that across?

Some of mine; I have two types, green and red:

kevinpo

Expert
Very nice! Did the red one grow that way naturally or did you frag it and stack them one above the other?
The orange cap is about 16" across I have made many frags of it but it grows like a weed.

Regards,
Kevin

Desolas

Free Jolly Jenkins.
It is stacked one above the other. The whirl in the middle was part of the lowest colony where the big empty space is near the left, it grew within 3" of the glass and I accidentally fragged it when cleaning. I wanted to frag off a big piece like that, but honestly I didn't have the nerve to, so it worked out for the best. The one at the very top was just a sliver of a frag that broke off the main colony in transporting it home. It's amazing how fast these grow.

That orange colony is awesome.. 16"! I wish I had the room to let something grow out like that, my tank is only 19" deep. :)

Maryrosi

Mischievous Mermaid
Wow! All those Montis looks so full and beautiful! Here is mine. You can see where the Candy coral was stinging it and then it was moved away from it! :(

Last edited:

zhenya

Hi everyone! I'm new here but not to the hobby.Here's a pic of my caps before I shipped it to a friend :)

MtnDewMan

Gene !!!!

Great to see you here ... Welcome aboard ...

Share more of your pics with the folks here, they will drool over them !!!

zhenya

Hi Chuck and Thanks for the Welcome :)

You giving way too much credit to my picture taking abilities :lol:

But... here's a couple that are related to this thread.This is what I have left over as far as caps go.

and here the same coral under actinics,weird looking rim if you ask me :lol:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.