Quantcast

Sharing recent pics (exciting!)

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
Okay well exciting for ME!!

A few funny/odd/cool things have happened in my tank lately so I thought I would share..

1: A pepermint shrimps excoskeleton landed in pain view and I found it facinating

2: A hermit crab hitched a ride over a foot up the glass on a snail happily cleaning the snail shell... think he looked down??!!

3: My first coral split is in it's final stages!! It is a "Colt" coral from the Shark reef that was about 1.5" when I bought it and here we are only 2.5 weeks later it is 5 times that size and is almost done splitting!!! I don't expect it to continue at this rate because that's just crazy.. I figure it initially just wasn't happy and found joy in my tank.

4: One of my pepermint shrimp has this totally bloated belly and it appears it's a bundle of eggs or something... I dunno if it's releasing eggs or just ate too much but it's interesting!

The rest are just newer pics. I hope you enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/album/126704725GmwByM

NaH2O

Looks great! I loved your point about the hermit hitching a ride...very funny! Congrats on your first coral split!

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
Thanks All! This is fun! I need encouraging cool things to happen in my lil 46gal to help me through the set-up of my 280... the planning, money, and planning and money and hard labor has been getting to me lately.

Montanarocknreefer

New Sheriff In Town
Great pics and tank. Your peppermint shrimp is carrying eggs and the shrimp will release them in time and your fish will have a blast eating them. Happened with my peppermint shrimp all the time.:)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.