Quantcast

Should I or shouldn't I?

Help Support Reef Frontiers:

cookiemn

Chicago bound!!!
After the last PSAS meeting I got to thinking about my tank. I have a SeaClear 60 gallon acrylic with a lot of HOB equipment. I was thinking of breaking down my tank and sending it to IAP to have them put a an overflow in the middle of the tank as well as drill a few bulkheads for the return. To put the overflow in the middle, or an overflow on either side, I would need to replace the top and go with a eurobrace. What are your thoughts on doing this versus buying an HOB overflow?

Thanks

Erwin

DonW

R.I.P.
I assume your wanting to put in a sump? Hang on overflows work but are not without their problems, and they do happen eventually no matter whose you use.
If you want to go through the work of draining your tank a overflow is a easy thing to install and only takes a short time. You can have it back up in a few hours.
You can buy premade overflows easily and if your top is enclosed you only need to cut holes large enough to work on your stand pipe or bulkhead.

Don

cookiemn

Chicago bound!!!
I talked to IAP today and they said that they don't really like the idea of putting a eurobrace on my 60 jus to put in an overflow in the center. He did give me a ballpark figure of $275 to have a custom one made. This does sound appealing if I can sell my 6 week old SeaClear. What do you think its' worth?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.